部分倒装是把be动词、情态动词、助动词放到主语之前。如果句子中没有这些词,要在主语之前加助动词do / does / did等,而把原来的谓语动词变成原形放在主语之后。部分倒装主要有以下几种情况:
这类词或短语主要有never, neither, nor, little, seldom, rarely, hardly, scarcely, no sooner, not only, in no way, at no time, few, not, no等, 如:
Not a word did I say to him.
Never have I found him so happy.
Little does he care about what I said.
I can't swim. Neither can he.
No sooner had he gone to bed than he fell asleep.
1) Hardly ________ the airport when the plane took off.
A. I had arrived at B. had I arrived C. had I reached D. I had got to
2) —Have you ever seen anything like that before?
—No, ________ anything like that before.
A. I never have seen B. never I have seen C. never have I seen D. I have seen
3) She is not fond of cooking, ________ I.
A. so am B. nor am C. neither D. nor do
2. only + 状语放在句首,要部分倒装。如:
Only by this means is it possible to explain it. (介词短语)
Only then did I realize the importance of math. (副词)
Only when the war was over in 1918 was he able to get happily back to work. (从句)
4) Only in this way ________ make proGREss in your English.
A. you B. can you C. you be able to D. will you able to
5) Only when the meeting was over________ go back to meet his friend.
A. he could B. he was able to C. was he able to D. was able to he
I saw the film, so did she.
So loudly did he speak that even people in the next room could hear him.
6) I like sports and ________ my brother.
A. so does B. so is C. so can D. so likes
7) The doctor told Charlie to breathe deeply and ________.
A. so did Charlie B. Charlie did so C. Charlie does so D. did Charlie so
8) So loudly ________ that ________ hear her clearly.
A. did she speak; could everyone B. did she speak; everyone could
C. she spoke; could everyone D. she spoke; everyone could
4. "Not only + 分句,but also + 分句"句型中的前一分句要部分倒装。如:
Not only does John love Chinese, he is also good at speaking it.
但not only...but also...连接主语时,不倒装。如:
Not only the mother but also the children are sick.
9) ________ himself wrong, but his friends were wrong.
A. Not was only he B. Not only he
C. Not only was he D. Not only was
5. Not until放在句首,从句不倒装,主句倒装。如:
Not until last week did they find the lost bike. (简单句)
Not until my son had entered the university did he realize the importance of time. (复合句)
10) Not until the early years of the 19th century ________ know what heat is.
A. man did B. man C. didn't man D. did man
11) Not until I began to work ________ realize how much time I had wasted.
A. didn't I B. did I C. I didn't D. I
Proud as these nobles are, he's afraid to see me.
Tired as he was, he kept on running.
12) ________, he's honest.
A. As he is poor B. Poor is he C. Poor as he is D. Poor as is he
7. 在以often, well, many a time, now and again 等方式或频度副词(短语)开头的句子中,要用部分倒装结构。如:
Many a time has John given me good advice.
Often have we made that test.
13) Many a time ________ swimming alone.
A. the boy went B. went the boy C. did the boy go D. did go the boy
1. There be结构。另外,在此结构中可以用来代替be动词的动词有:exist, seem, happen, appear, live, rise, stand等。如:
There stood a dog before him.
There exist different opinions on this question.
1) ________ a beautiful palace ________ the foot of the hill.
A. There stand; at B. There stands; under
C. Stands there; under D. There stands; at
2. "Here, There, Now, Then + come (或be等) + 主语" 结构。
Here comes the old lady!
Then came the hour we had been looking forward to.
There comes the bus.
Now comes your turn.
Here you are.
There she comes.
2) There ________. And here ________.
A. goes the phone; she comes B. is the phone going; is she
C. does the phone go; does she come D. the phone goes; come she
3. 表示方向的副词out, in, up, down等置于句首,要用全部倒装。如:
In came Mr White.
Up went the arrow into the air.
Away went the boy.
3) Out ________, with a stick in his hand.
A. did he rush B. rushed he C. he rushed D. he did rush
4) ________ from the top of the building when the policeman pointed the gun at him.
A. Jumped down the robber B. Jumped the robber down
C. Down jumped the robber D. Down the robber jumped
4. "分词(代词) + be + 主语"结构。如:
Walking at the head of the line was our teacher.
Such was the story he told me.
5) ________, a man of achievements, deep thoughts, but with simple habits.
A. Einstein was such B. Such was Einstein
C. Einstein was so D. So was Einstein
6) ________ are the days when teachers were looked down upon.
A. Gone B. Go C. To go D. Going
5. 表示地点的介词短语 (如on the wall, under the tree, in front of the house, in the middle of the room等)放在句首时,要全部倒装。如:
On the top of the hill stands a pine tree.
In front of the classroom is a playground.
7) Near the church ________ cottage.
A. was such an old B. had a so old
C. was such old a D. is so an old
key: 一、1)—5) CCBBC 6)—10) ABBCD 11)—13) BCC 二、1)—5) DACCB 6)—7) AA
1.___come to our country as today.
A.Foreign guests who have never
B.Never so many foreign guests have
C.Never have so many foreign guests
D.The foreign guests aren't ever
2.___that he could not speak for a long time.
A.So frightened was he B.So frightened he was
C.Was he so frightened D.Frightened was he
3.Many a time ___good advice.
A.gives me his B.he gives me
C.I give him D.does he give me
4.Rarely___so difficult a choice.
A.she could have faced with B.could have she faced with
C.she could have been faced with D.could she have been faced with
5.In a phycial change no new substance is formed,___in the composition of mater.
A.nor does any change take place
B.nor any change takes place
C.not any change takes place
D.either any change take place
6.Only in a few countries___a reasonable standard of living.
A.the whole of the population enjoy
B.the whole of the population enjoys
C.does the whole of the population enjoy
D.has a whole of the population enjoy
7.Seldom___to come over to have a chat with him in those days.
A.have I have time B.did I have time
C.I have time D.I have got time
8."Tomorrow will be Sunday." "___."
A.So it will B.So will it
C.Either it will D.Either will it
9.Little ___that the district was very rich in resources.
A.we suspectected B.we did suspect
C.did we suspect D.do we suspect
10.The teacher is not too happy with the student,and___is his father.
A.not B.neither C.either D.so
11.No sooner had theyreached the station___the train let.
A.until B.when C.then D.than
12.Under no circumstances and at no time ___the first to use nuclear weapon.
A.we are B.we will be C.were we D.shall we be
13.___,he sat up late writing his book.
A.As he was tired B.Tired though he was
C.Tired as was he D.It is bcause he was tired
14.Never before that night___the extent of my own power.
A.had I felt B.I felt C.did I feel D.I had felt
15.Only when you have acquired a good knowledge of English grammar___writer in English correctly.
A.you will B.can you C.you can D.you could
1-5CADDA 6-10 CBACB 11-15DDBAB